I just completed my first half marathon in SLC. Yay! (I'll add to this post later)
Oh, goodness! If it hasn't taken me forever to get back to blogging. I have been busy putting down pavers in my back yard and pretty exhausted by the end of the day (that will be another post).
So, back to the half marathon. The day started out pretty early. I got up at 4am thinking that I was going to have to race downtown to beat the traffic....yeah right, NO traffic! and I stayed in Sandy so the drive wasn't very far....maybe fifteen minutes. I got to the Gateway to park and hopped on the Traxx up to the start line. Very few people were traveling at the same time as me and the ones that did were all biking or early start marathon. Oh, joy...nothing like being a little over an hour early :) It really wouldn't have been that bad except for it was freezing cold. Mind you, I am not used to the cold weather of Utah anymore. So here I am waiting, freezing and I think that I am the only one that has two running shirts on(outer one is long sleeve), long pants and a jacket. It took all I had to give up my jacket before walking to the starting line. The run started out smoothly....it took till around mile 2 before I could feel my toes. It was different running with so many people...a little bit of an adrenaline rush. That didn't last long though, I started getting the pain in my knees around mile 6 and that is where my focus went....to push through it. It was great to cross that finish line!!! Definitely not pain free though :) Let's say I wasn't walking normal for a few days. So, I guess I need to train harder for the next one....who wants to join me?!?!
A Great Big THANK YOU to my parents for watching my girls so that I could run! Love ya!

Monday, April 20, 2009
Half marathon
Posted by Brenda B at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Congrats!!!!! That is so cool!!
That is fabulous that you are in my picture! Love it! I don't remember Staci tapping you but at that point Brad Pitt could have been running in front of me and I probably wouldn't have noticed! All that I could think about is getting one leg in front of the other : )
You are my hero! NICE JOB BRENDA!
What the heck? I was in Utah for my parents farewell party, why didn't you stop by?
Nice job on the race though.
Way to go Brenda! That is awesome. If I would have known you were coming up I would have tried to get together. Maybe next time you're up. My neighbor got my husband to run the marathon a couple years ago and now he just finished his first 50 miler.
way to go brenda! i wish that we had been able to meet up but next time for sure!
isn't great to be able to say "that you DID it"!!!
i can't wait to see your future post about it....
Awesome! Can't image running down my street. That is a huge accomplishment!
Great job. I admire you, You look great!
Alison (Kennington)
Way to go Brenda! Your killin me, I don't think I could run a mile.
Post a Comment