Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I got this crazy idea about a week ago to try my hand at a garden. I know, crazy! It should have been started about a month ago and I definitely don't have a green thumb at all. We'll see :) Well, this morning when I went out to water...the ground...I was suprised to see that I had little plants popping through. My green beans are growing!!! I also planted some tomatoes and green peppers (these were already a plant so I just had to put it in the ground) and I have a tiny little tomato. If things work out I just might have to add more next year. Yeah! I just had to share my excitement.

14 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

so impressed! sounds like if you add a few more things you could make some yummy salsa!

Shannon said...

How exciting!! We are also trying to grow some tomatoes right now. We actually used them for sandwiches last night while watching the birds. Good luck!

The Peterson's said...

Awesome farmer Brenda! Can't wait to try some of your veggies! I need to get you some of those recipes you asked for.

katie said...

way to go!

serious...i would have NO CLUE even how to do that...

...true i could dig a hole and plant something in it-but it would soon die! :)

Jess said...

Good for you. I might try this next year.

Staci said...

You're ALWAYS so good at stuff like that! 'You got talent' :o)

Johnson party of 3 said...

Nice Brenda. ..I grew tomatoes last year, and they were so yummy, I think they are the most tempremental so if you can do that you can do anything!!! I wish I had room for a little garden.. so good luck.

Ingersoll Family said...

like your not amazing at everything you do...need i remind you about the coat you sewed for your wedding. amazing! Love ya.

The Peterson's said...

How was the garden when you got home?

Arica said...

My tomatoes have been growing since May and they are probably, only the size of yours...can you say Jealous?

Mandy said...

how are they coming in?

Brenda B said...

not so great :( the dang bugs around here won't leave them alone. I have even tried spraying....no luck. I am just not cut out for the gardening thing. Maybe I will post pics of the poor plants being devoured.

Anonymous said...

So sad Brenda! Your plants are being devoured? How are things? Are you still in shorts? We are shockingly! I can't believe the weather is still warm here....it is very confusing! Things are great! Our puppy is not so puppy anymore. We thought she would stay small because she is a mix of Daschun and Beagle, but she is no longer a lapdog. Perhaps they lied and she is part Rotweiler. Hope you are all doing great! Love ya!
Jalayne

Ingersoll Family said...

Bren, hey cute email about breast cancer...will you let Katie Terry know that her invite to me to view her blog did not work and to please send me another one. Anyway, love you tonz. Monica